Here are the 3 major steps to transfer your domain from 1and1.com to GoDaddy:
A. Purchase a domain name transfer from GoDaddy. (.COM transfer is only $7.49)
B. Turn off Auto-renew feature and unlock your 1and1 domain. Refer to 1and1 Cancellation FAQ for detailed steps and screenshots.
C. Authorize domain name transfer to your GoDaddy account:
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. In the My Products section, click Domain Manager.
3. From the Domains menu, select Pending Transfers.
5. In the Transaction ID and Security Code fields, enter the codes from the email sent to the domain name’s administrative contact.
6. Click Next. A list of domain names included in the transfer appear.
7. Click Next to confirm the transfer of the listed domain names.
8. If applicable, enter the Authorization Code from the current registrar, and then click Finish.
Just wait for the domain transfer to be completed! Once done, it should appear under your list of domains in GoDaddy Domain Manager. You may also visit GoDaddy community for discussions about domain transfer.